Chaos ensues when Mandy realizes she is 5 weeks late for her period, taking a pregnancy test she confirms her fears, she is pregnant with Lip's baby! The only problem is Mandy is meant to be Ian's girlfriend, an arrangement to help keep his homosexuality a secret. The trouble starts when, much to Ian's surprise, the Maguires take him in with open arms but warn that he better love Mandy. While Mandy's mother Mimi starts talking marriage, Ian is forced to go along with everything and pretend it's his baby. The stress get's to him however and he and Lip get into a punch up.
The Jockey's land lady Jez is away on forced training so brewery employee Cassie Western temporarily takes over. Noticing Frank owes £375 on his bar tab she makes it her mission to get it paid. Things soon take a turn however when Cassie gives Frank a proposition: have sex with her and she will clear his tab.
Fiona has her bag snatched by a little boy on her way home from a night out with Veronica. The fact that Steve was trying to stop her getting her bag stolen the night they met only makes her miss him more. She soon perks up however when she traces the thief and begins flirting with his older step-brother, Craig Garland.
Sheila realizes that anything in her system is passed on to babies Nigel and Delia when she breast feeds them, so she decides to stop taking her mountain of medication despite Frank and Karen's warnings.
A close up of Sheila's face shows her lifting up a camera while the Gallaghers pose for a photo. Kev, Veronica and Marty are seen telling her to take the photo but she doesn't, she just grins as the camera reveals what she is hallucinating. She sees the Gallaghers lined up and dressed in costumes as they dance and sing "So Long, Farewell" from The Sound of Music. Kev, Veronica and Marty can be seen in the background dressed as nuns and joining in along with Carol whose head can be seen over the fence. The camera zooms in on a grinning Sheila again as she says "I think I better lower the dose".
- Anne-Marie Duff - Fiona Gallagher
- David Threlfall - Frank Gallagher
- Jody Latham - Phillip Gallagher
- Gerard Kearns - Ian Gallagher
- Rebecca Ryan - Debbie Gallagher
- Elliott Tittensor - Carl Gallagher
- Joseph Furnace - Liam Gallagher
- Dean Lennox Kelly - Kevin Ball
- Maxine Peake - Veronica Fisher
- Jack Deam - Marty Fisher
- Marjorie Yates - Carol Fisher
- Maggie O'Neill - Sheila Jackson
- Christopher Bisson - Kash Karib
- Kelli Hollis - Yvonne Karib
- Lindsey Dawson - Jez
- Rebecca Atkinson - Karen Jackson
- Samantha Siddall - Mandy Maguire
- Brana Bajic - Lena
- Chris Coghill - Craig Garland
- Daniel Scadden - Dylan
- Sean Gilder - Patrick Maguire
- Tina Malone - Mimi Maguire
- Will Willoughby - Joey Maguire
- Warren Brown - Donny Maguire
- Moya Brady - Cassie Western
- Narrator: Carl Gallagher. This is the first episode narrated by him.
- Mandy Maguire is seen with a dog that appears to be Nelson, the dog Micky Maguire later admits to using to masturbate when he broke both arms.
- Despite three Maguire boys being shown, only Donny and Joey are credited, the third Maguire son is unknown. This could presumably be Fergal (the deceased Maguire son from Series 4) earlier on, or potentially an early prototype for Micky or Shane.
- First appearance of both Paddy and Mimi, the heads of the Maguire crime family.