Frank's old excuses fail to wash with the Department of Work and Pensions, so faced with losing benefits his hopes rest with the World of Burgers.
Shane and Jackson launch a new enterprise of bootleg booze, but it's rank and nobody is buying their stuff. Billy offers to help and concocts a brew using his extraordinary sense of smell and amazingly it's a great success. But Shane is seriously hacked off. It's time to lay down the law...
The scene opens on a close up shot of Mimi standing behind the bar in The Jockey as she says "the only thing a smell test is going to prove is that you can't tell shite from sugar". The camera shows Jamie and Karen watching as Shane is blindfolded and asked if he is ready by Jackson. Shane replies yes and a pint class of clear liquid is held under his nose while the camera shows Jamie zipping up his fly. Shane says "a hint of vanilla maybe" before guessing it correctly. Everyone cheers as Jamie shoves a pint glass full of his own urine under Shane's nose which causes him to gag before commenting "fuck me thats yeasty, barley?" to which everyone says well done. He guesses it incorrectly but everyone pretends he was right as he removes the blindfold and Jamie quickly hides his urine under the bar and Karen says he has a nose like a sniffer dog.
- David Threlfall - Frank Gallagher
- Robbie Conway - Aidan Croker
- Valerie Lilley - Patty Croker
- Tina Malone - Mimi Tutton
- Michael Taylor - Billy Tutton
- Nicky Evans - Shane Maguire
- Rebecca Atkinson - Karen Maguire
- Aaron McCusker - Jamie Maguire
- Sally Carman - Kelly Maguire
- Jack Deam - Marty Fisher
- Kari Corbett - Ruby Hepburn
- Qasim Akhtar - Chesney Karib
- Emmanuel Ighodaro - Jackson Powell
- Karen Bryson - Avril Powell
- Kira Martin - Letitia Powell
- Alice Barry - Lillian Tyler
- Stephen Lord - Dominic Meak
- Perveen Hussain - Doctor
- Gillian Waugh - Interviewer
- Lee Worswick - Darren
- John Bradley - Wesley
- Jodie Hamblett - Gemma
- Narrator: Frank Gallagher
- Some elements of Frank's prison fantasies appear to hold references to both The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption.
Avril: Not 'appening Patty, get too fond of these things [pills] and before you know it you'll be clucking like some desperate junkie. Patty: Like it could ever come to that. Avril: Next thing you'll be giving noshes for a tenner Patty: Chance would be a fine thing, I'd pay them.