|Series 8, Episode 5|
|Air date||January 14, 2011|
|Written by||Ed McCardie|
|Directed by||Lawrence Till|
After weeks of suffering at the hands of his own mental incarceration, an almost fully intact and in possession of his marbles Frank plots his escape.
Libby meanwhile has had the dramatic news that Frank's divorce is about to be nullified and they could lose the family home in 24 hours. The solution is for Frank and Libby to get married and the clock is ticking...
In a continuation of Frank's hallucination of The Jockey as some form of alien craft from the very beginning of the series, the front door is opened to reveal a bright white light with smoke pouring out. Frank is thrown out of the door and though unseen, the alien sounding (through manipulation) voice of Mimi Maguire is heard shouting "Gallagher, your barred". Frank is then seen breathing heavily as he stumbled around the corner of the pub of says "fucking Scousers, knew it...oh me arse". This continuation clearly illustrates what actually happened the night he though he was abducted by aliens.
- David Threlfall - Frank Gallagher
- Elliott Tittensor - Carl Gallagher
- Pauline McLynn - Libby Croker
- Nicky Evans - Shane Maguire
- Ciaran Griffiths - Micky Maguire
- Aaron McCusker - Jamie Maguire
- Tina Malone - Mimi Maguire
- Rebecca Atkinson - Karen Maguire
- Sally Carman - Kelly Maguire
- Emmanuel Ighodaro - Jackson Powell
- Karen Bryson - Avril Powell
- Kira Martin - Letitia Powell
- Qasim Akhtar - Chesney Karib
- Alice Barry - Lillian Tyler
- Robbie Conway - Aidan Croker
- Valerie Lilley - Patty Croker
- Annabelle Apsion - Monica Gallagher
- Amelia Bullmore - Mildred Fletcher
- Catherine Tydesley - Carly
- Dennis Conlon - Chef
- Narrator: Frank Gallagher
- The entire episode is filled with references to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
- Final appearance of Monica Gallagher
- Frank recalls all of Monica's flings, Norma Starkey, Gary Bennett, the Hypnotist and Bernard White.
- Ian and Liam Gallagher are mentioned.
- Liam e-mails a best man's speech to Carl, which turns out to be a message about him staying with Monica.