Carol discovers that her late husband cheated on her years previous with Lillian and vows to get revenge. She reports Lillian for benefit fraud but when an unnoticed DSS worker overhears people's comments in The Jockey almost everyone on the estate is suddenly having their benefits investigated.
However Sheila isn't happy when Frank is forced to pretend to be the late Brendan Tyler in person due to he and Lillian continuing to claim his benefits. Sheila is offended by Frank pretending to be someone else's husband as she want's wedding bells of their own.
Carl finds himself obsessed with Lip's latest girlfriend Emily Lawson and while spending time at her house pretending to be her brother to fool the DSS he makes a grave mistake. When Emily's mother ends up with pubic lice and blames her husband, Carl steps in and blames Lip, thinking that he has been cheating with Mandy Maguire after seeing them together.
A Police van is seen, parked in what appears to be the Police Station car park, rocking quickly from side to side and moaning is heard coming from inside. It continues on and on until a woman's voice is heard shouting "oh for the love of Christ Tony just come will ya" proving that all Tony's hard work with Sheila during the episode paid off.
- David Threlfall - Frank Gallagher
- Maggie O'Neill - Sheila Jackson
- Gerard Kearns - Ian Gallagher
- Jody Latham - Phillip Gallagher
- Rebecca Ryan - Debbie Gallagher
- Elliott Tittensor - Carl Gallagher
- Johnny Bennett - Liam Gallagher
- Dean Lennox Kelly - Kevin Ball
- Maxine Peake - Veronica Fisher
- Jack Deam - Marty Fisher
- Gillian Kearney - Sue Garland
- Marjorie Yates - Carol Fisher
- Lindsey Dawson - Jez
- Samantha Siddall - Mandy Maguire
- Anthony Flanagan - Tony
- Rebecca Atkinson - Karen Jackson
- Alice Barry - Lillian Tyler
- Emily Fleeshman - Emily Lawson
- Katy Cavanagh - Shirley Lawson
- Graeme Hawley - Troy Lawson
- Toby Hadoke - Manager
- Denise Kennedy - Gaynor Pierce
- Andrew Sheridan - Nick Anastasiou
- Sarah Parks - Welfare Officer
Mandy: I'm warning you, if you don't fuck off now I'm phoning me dad. Troy: And who's your dad love, Patrick fucking Maguire? Mandy: That's right. Mandy Maguire. I suppose if he's not around one of me brother's might be free. Troy: No! No, your alright. Sorry. Sorry love.
Benefit Officer: We're pulling out. Head office has sussed it out, we're paying you lot more than when we started. My numbers on there, you can give me a call, you know, bring your friend. Jez: Oh! What you expecting, a pillow fight? Don't do us any favors you spineless little prick! We're dykes! Not fucking wank fodder for pathetic little twats like you! Go home to your Internet eh? Oh, by the way, my cock's twice the size of yours.