Yvonne is infuriated when two accident legal claim reps start hanging around outside the shop but becomes even angrier when she accidentally hits Frank in the face with a door, knocking out a tooth, and he is ferried to the hospital by the reps.
Frank ends up in a neck brace and is happy to follow the reps lead in suing Yvonne. Unable to afford keeping it open, Yvonne is forced to close the shop and sack Ian. A furious Ian confronts Frank in the middle of The Jockey and the news that the closest shop has had to close because of him angers everyone else in the pub leading to Jez "choosing not to serve" him. Yvonne meanwhile decides to re-open the shop in another area with a council grant but she is spurred by the news that all pubs in the area are refusing to serve Frank due to closing the shop and seeing how upset Ian and Kash are about losing each other, she comes up with a plan. She enlists Ian and Kash and the three of them begin posting leaflets explaining that the shop is leaving the area due to Frank in a bid to force Frank into dropping the charges.
Meanwhile, Fiona admits she is pregnant by Craig Garland but is planning on having an abortion. Veronica talks her in to trying to tell Craig first but when Fiona get's to his house she meets Sue - Craig's wife. They explain that they have been separated for years but she is hanging around waiting for Craig to sell the house for her cut but this is too much for Fiona and she walks out. Too unsure of the situation and with recent money issues Fiona heads to the abortion clinic with Veronica...
Also, the Gallaghers begin to have money worries when Fiona quits her job as a nursery nurse, Ian loses his job thanks to Frank closing the shop and the added stress of the fact Fiona's unborn baby may add another mouth to feed doesn't help. Marty's offers to help Fiona raise her baby if she keeps it. Sheila comes into some money.
Sheila is seen as a contestant on UK game show Countdown. The clock runs out and Sheila announces that she has made a word with 8 letters out of the jumble. She reveals it to be "copulate" before apologizing and then bursting into laughter.
- Anne-Marie Duff - Fiona Gallagher
- David Threlfall - Frank Gallagher
- Jody Latham - Phillip Gallagher
- Gerard Kearns - Ian Gallagher
- Rebecca Ryan - Debbie Gallagher
- Elliott Tittensor - Carl Gallagher
- Joseph Furnace - Liam Gallagher
- Dean Lennox Kelly - Kevin Ball
- Maxine Peake - Veronica Fisher
- Jack Deam - Marty Fisher
- Marjorie Yates - Carol Fisher
- Maggie O'Neill - Sheila Jackson
- Christopher Bisson - Kash Karib
- Kelli Hollis - Yvonne Karib
- Lindsey Dawson - Jez
- Brana Bajic - Lena
- Chris Coghill - Craig Garland
- Gillian Kearney - Sue Garland
- Alice Barry - Lillian Tyler
- Neil Bell - Hippy Pete
- Corporate #1 (Barry) - James Quinn
- Corporate #2 (Graham) - Iain McKee
- Steve Evets - Paddy
- Richard Arnold - Himself
- Narrator: Fiona Gallagher
- First appearance of Sue Garland.
- UK TV presenter Richard Arnold makes a cameo appearance.
- Fiona quits her job as a nursery nurse.
- It is implied that Yvonne doesn't pay Ian "anywhere near minimum wage" for his work at the shop.
- Hippy Pete, the man beaten up when people think he kidnapped a child that Debbie had in fact taken in Episode 4 of Series 1, appears briefly.